Friday 29 October 2010

Jamie's misfortune gave me an excuse to ramble

Jamie, a formidable yet enjoyable force of a brother, has had a typical outburst of cold/snot. A random and  not particularly serious suggestion came to me; the Greek theory of clearing sinuses has been proved and tested. So, bowl full of hot water at the ready Jamie begins to burn his nose. Four tissues full of something which we don't need to name later, Jamie needed another way to amuse himself. Typical craze back in his eyes, an outburst of "Let's make a bowl full of tea, eh?" puts me in an interesting position; shall I play along, or have him clear his sinuses into my hair? I don't particularly fancy the latter. "Go on, then!"
As a regrettably vain teenager, I was merely thinking about how many 'Likes' I would have on facebook. Ah, the arrogance of youth. Still, you can't argue against it being a good anecdote. By anecdote, of course, I now interpret that word as 'blog'. If this does go well, I will probably be spending my most of my free time wondering 'Will this work as a blog?'
The bowl full of tea ended up as a quite remarkable win in the world of anecdotes- straws are recommended, tea bags are useful to play with. The downside of these pieces of equipment is that the more immature audience may laugh at my 'game of tea-bagging', and plastic is liable  to melt when exposed to high temperature.
As much as I would love to carry on, my blog has to be cut short today as I am off to Cambridge to see Greg Davis. This experience may leave me with an excuse for further blogging, depending on whether or not the former Drama teacher asks "Are there any drama students in?"
For now, however, I will leave you with the thought of a Comedian ripping the piss out of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment